The Forbeck Foundation annually awards young oncologists with the Forbeck Scholar Award to recognize them for their achievements, research, and dedication to the field. Scholar applicants go through a rigorous application process by the Scientific Advisory Board. The award has become a highly prized recognition in the field.
Please consider sponsoring a scholar for their years of participation in these important meetings.
Leveraging Synthetic Lethality to Treat Cancer
- Brooke Emerling, PhD - Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute
- Mark Zimmerman - Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Andrew Venteicher, MD, PhD - University of Minnesota
Graft vs. Host Disease
- Armin Rashidi, MD, PhD - University of Minnesota, Division of Hematology, Oncology, and Transplantation
- Tae Kon Kim - Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Melinda Biernacki, MD - Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Uncovering New Mechanisms of LKB1-Mediated Tumor Suppression
- Vajira Weerasekara, PhD - Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center; Harvard Medical School
Cellular Reprogramming and Metastatic Disease
- Jatin Roper, MD - Duke University
- Sharanya Sivanand, PhD - MIT
- Elena Piskounova, PhD - Weill Cornell Medicine