The ‘Forbeck Impact’ on Scientific Progress
Some measures of impact are numerical. For example, since its inception, the Foundation has funded and organized:
- 1 Forum in Lake Geneva, WI
- 32 Annual Forums in Hilton Head, SC
- 12 Scholar Retreats in Lake Geneva, WI
- 4 International Neuroblastoma meetings with 6 publications from INSS/INRG
- Funding for the creation of the Interactive International Research Group database (iINRGdb).
- 13 Focus Meetings
- Participation of over 600 scientists and clinicians from 22 countries in these meetings
- 3 Collaborative Research Projects
- Founded the Neuroblastoma Consortium
- Sponsor Advances in Neuroblastoma Research (ANR) seminal bi-annual Neuroblastoma meeting
- Countless papers and collaborations. See publications for papers and clinical applications resulting from meetings.
- Formation of the Society for Functional Precision Medicine
Collaborative Papers Resulting from Meetings
Vertical suppression of the EGFR pathway prevents onset of resistance in colorectal cancers
Sandra Misale1,2,, Ivana Bozic3,4,, Jingshan Tong5,6, Ashley Peraza-Penton7, Alice Lallo1,8, Federica Baldi1,8, Kevin H. Lin7, Mauro Truini9, Livio Trusolino1,8, Andrea Bertotti1,8, Federica Di Nicolantonio1,8, Martin A. Nowak3,4,10, Lin Zhang5,6, Kris C. Wood7 & Alberto Bardelli1,8
Link to Document
RAS signaling promotes resistance to JAK inhibitors by suppressing BAD-mediated apoptosis
Revisions of the international criteria for neuroblastoma diagnosis, staging, and response to treatment.
Brodeur GM1, Pritchard J, Berthold F, Carlsen NL, Castel V, Castelberry RP, De Bernardi B, Evans AE, Favrot M, Hedborg F, et al.
Journal of Clinical Oncology, 1993, Aug 11
Many papers have been published from the INSS/ INRG meetings that were initiated from the first Forbeck meeting in 1985 and follow up meetings. Currently the INRGdb has many papers each year published.
Complex oncogene dependence in miR-125a-induced myeloproliferative neoplasm.
Shangqin Guo, Haitao Bai, Cynthia Megyola, Stephanie Halene, Diane S. Krause, David T. Scadden and Jun Lu. PNAS, 109(41):16636-16641, 2012. PMCID: PMC3478612 Jijun Cheng, Shangqin Guo, Suning Chen, Stephen J. Mastriano, Chaochun Liu, Ana C. D’Alessio, Eriona Hysolli, Yanwen Guo, Hong Yao, Cynthia M. Megyola, Dan Li, Jun Liu, Wen Pan, Christine A. Roden, Xiao-Ling Zhou, Kartoosh Heydari, Jianjun Chen, In-Hyun Park, Ye Ding, Yi Zhang, and Jun Lu. An Extensive Network of TET2-Targeting microRNAs Regulates Malignant Hematopoiesis. Cell Reports, 5: 471-481, 2013. PMCID: PMC3834864