This past September, the Forbeck Foundation approved an additional grant program providing up to another $300,000 to help Forbeck Scholars recover from laboratory setbacks associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. This grant was different from the one previously awarded in that it focused on the science that drives the work of our Scholars.
The Scholars were incredibly grateful. We had twenty applicants requesting over $569k. The Scientific Advisory Board reviewed the applications and awarded 9 grants totaling over $262k.
- Laura Banaszynski - UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Uri Ben-David - Tel Aviv University
- Vivian Y. Chang - The Regents of the University of California, Los Angeles
- Charles Ishak - University Health Network
- Carla Daniela Robles Espinoza - Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (UNAM)
- Jay Sarthy - Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Jason Sheltzer - Yale University
- Peter Van Galen - Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Andrew Venteicher - University of Minnesota
Congratulations to all awardees! Click the button below to learn more about the winners and their submissions.