This past December, the Forbeck Foundation approved a new grant program providing up to $300,000 to help Forbeck Scholars who had research destroyed or lost due to the ongoing pandemic.
The Scholars were incredibly grateful. We had twenty-one applicants requesting over $492k. The Scientific Advisory Board reviewed the applications and awarded 13 grants totaling over $280k.
- Esra Akbay - UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Laura Banaszynski - UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Floris Barthel - The Jackson Laboratory
- Uri Ben-David - Tel Aviv University
- Shruti Bhatt - National University of Singapore
- Jessie Brown - Columbia University
- Camille Jacqueline - University of Pittsburgh
- Loretta Li - Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
- Peter Ly - UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Elena Piskounova - Weill Cornell Medicine
- Daniela Robles-Espinoza - National Autonomous University of Mexico
- Jason Sheltzer - Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
- Peter van Galen - Broad Institute
These requests were often for assistance in restarting mouse colonies, getting new reagents, gap funding for research that was almost completed when the shutdown occurred, assistance in keeping lab techs on due to lost funding or other unique ways research was affected due to the pandemic. Click the button below to learn more about each winner's request.